Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Fleece Jacket: A Guest Review

Pin It
Today we have a guest review, by Rachel a mother of 7 (with 2 sets of twins!!!!). She's here to share her thoughts on the Happy Camper Jacket and share her amazing creation for her son.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hi, my name is Rachel. I'm a stay at home mother of seven, two sets of twins! I have 6 sons and one daughter. I have sewn all of my life and love to make things for my children. The biggest problem I run into is finding patterns suitable for my teenage boys. I made this jacket for my 12 year old son. I decided to make it in his school colors and added his name embroidered to his chest. It's a great feeling to make something that they are proud to wear, even in public, lol.
I mainly sew clothing and items for my family and as gifts, though I do sell memory quilts through word of mouth and my Facebook page, quiltsbyrachel. I hope to become a more true, focused business when my youngest set of twins enters kindergarten.

by Peek-a-Boo Patterns (affiliate)

Sizes--6 month to 12 years

Special Materials--a light weight fabric (sport nylon or such) and a fleece or micro fleece, a reversible separating zipper

Skill Level--Advanced Beginner

 How did you choose the pattern--I did a pattern test for the release of the pattern.
Did you deviate from the pattern--Yes, I increased the size of the pockets and added embroidery.

 The Good--It is a well written pattern with easy to follow directions. The jacket is great for boys or girls, and the style is classic.
The Bad--Working with sport nylon (non stretch and slippery) combined with micro fleece (very stretchy) was difficult. Need to go very slow to ensure everything lines up.
The Ugly--Not much! I only found the pockets to be a little small, the rest was pretty awesome!

Overall pattern rating: 4 Bolts

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thank you Rachel for sharing this review of the Happy Camper Jacket.  It looks like a great pattern!


5 comments:

  1. Such a great jacket! that's pretty tough to find patterns for tween boys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks very sharp. Looks like a great classic pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The jacket looks fabulous! It reminds me of the Columbia Sportswear fleece jackets. Perfect for a 12 year old boy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a helpful post, I'm looking for a new leather jacket so I'm definitely going to think about these points when browsing. Love your post. I am a big fan of leather jackets. Thank you for sharing. Dean Ambrose Leather Jacket

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! How else would we know if we are being helpful or giving you the content you need and want? Also, if you have an idea on how to make custom pre-teen clothes, please tell us about it!