Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Another Winter Look

Pin It
Here's my Winter Look for Project Run and Play.  Each part of the outfit was sewn with a different purpose in mind (see here for the skirt and here for the vest and shirt for full details), but when paired together and thrown together with a pair of boots it makes a great winter church outfit for these mild winters we have in Tennessee.
Here are the details if you want to quick rundown: 
 Skirt--remix of Shwinn and Shwinn No. 9 Trousers, made from old pair of corduroys
I love the contrasting fabric and how it adds just a pop of color (a quilting cotton from JoAnn's)
Shirt--Self drafted by me, ruffles are made using the circle method and the fabric is bleached muslin
Vest--I used the Simplicity 1787 pattern and made it out of faux fur and unbleached muslin
And there you have my winter wonderland look, fit for an unwhite Tennessee winter.

6 comments:

  1. What a great outfit - I really like that shirt & the pop of color used to line the pockets.
    http://xoxograndma.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! Great job. I am loving the fake fur, and think everyone should be draped in it! LOL
    ~Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man, I've really go to get a hold of some faux fur!! I'm loving all these vests...coats, skirts I am seeing! Great job, Sally! Always nice to have mix and match pieces, and a great outfit for church as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a great winter wonderland look. It was also my favorite of the two you flipped. Great job guys!
    with love,
    -Jo

    ReplyDelete
  5. That vest seems to be exactly the same fabric I almost bought yesterday... I should have done that, so I couldn't copy you now. Adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that blouse! Perfect outfit for your daughter!

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! How else would we know if we are being helpful or giving you the content you need and want? Also, if you have an idea on how to make custom pre-teen clothes, please tell us about it!