Monday, August 25, 2014

Celebratory Guest Post---The Land of KA

Pin It
We just hit our one year mark here at Sew Cool for the Tween Scene and to celebrate we asked some of our favorite bloggers, that sew for tweens, to tell us about their favorite pattern for tweens.  First up, Stacy from The Land of KA.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I am happy to be here today for the one year anniversary for Sew Cool For the Tween Scene. I was overjoyed when these ladies started this blog, since it is rare to see sewing bloggers sew for their older children.
I tend to make a lot of my own patterns for my tween, but one pattern that I used this summer was The Breeze Top by Peaches and Peanuts. It is so fun in that you can use woven or knit and mix and match patterns to get a unique style. My daughter loves this top, and so do her friends, which in the big picture is what you want when sewing for a little person that has their own opinion.
Here is the top, where I actually doubled up the bottom with a stretch lace and white knit.
Breeze-top-1
This is another version of the top, where I simply extended the front piece, and made a quick facing.
denim-skort-outfit
I find that adding embellishments are pretty important, too. She loves the shirt with the kitties on it, which is iron-on vinyl.
Happy sewing!

1 comment:

  1. Abby loves her breeze tops too. I like what you did with the kitty one. I might have to try that next summer.

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! How else would we know if we are being helpful or giving you the content you need and want? Also, if you have an idea on how to make custom pre-teen clothes, please tell us about it!