Friday, September 19, 2014

Review--Shawl Collar Pullover by Greenstyle

Pin It
 Remember a little while ago there was that Bundle Up sale for boys patterns?  Well I decided it just isn't for boys, so I'm set on trying out some of those "boys" patterns...but for my girls (mostly because my boys don't really want me to sew for them).
First up, the Shawl Collar Pullover from Greenstyle Creations and this one was a hit.
Sophia picked out some aqua micro fleece at JoAnn's and decided she didn't want anything else, no contrasts, no embellishments...just a simple pullover for those cool Fall days that are coming.
 For this pattern you don't really need anything special, just middle to heavy weight knit fabric. Check the pattern for fabric requirements, but I got mine out of 1 1/2 yards. I sewed up a size 10 and it's roomy enough for layering, but not with anything too bulky.
 Good: This pullover is a quick and easy sew, with minimal pieces, great instructions and details when needed. Plus it comes in a wide range of sizes (2-16) and would work for boys and girls.
 Bad: This is probably more user error than anything, but attaching the shawl collar got me. I really had to sit and think about how it went on there and even though there were pictures, my brain just wasn't getting it (do you ever have those moments?). And even after all of that puzzling, I still got little puckers on my corners. Next time I'll do better though.
Ugly: No ugly for this one...it's a great pattern!
I give the Shawl Collar Pullover by Greenstyle Creations 4 bolts out of 5. If you are looking for a great unisex pattern perfect for the coming months you should check it out!

1 comment:

  1. I love what you made! I think it turned out beautifully. Very practical. Love the color - I think it looks great on your daughter.

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! How else would we know if we are being helpful or giving you the content you need and want? Also, if you have an idea on how to make custom pre-teen clothes, please tell us about it!