Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Pattern Review: Sleeping Bear PJs

Pin It


Name of the pattern: Sleepy Bear PJs by Ellie Inspired.

 The pajamas include a “V”-neck t-shirt to be made of knit and pants/shorts with an elastic waistband that can be made from woven fabrics.  A hooded robe with a belt is also included and that is what I will be sharing today.  I have not yet made the pajamas but will review them when I get a chance to try them out.



Clearly, PJs and robes are unisex and thus a pattern you can use for boys and girls.

Pattern Source:  The Sleepy Bear PJs are a pdf downloadable pattern that you can buy at DIY Crush and other PDF pattern retailers.  I don't know why, but I could not find them at the Ellie Inspired website.

Sizes available:    The pattern will fit all your kids because it includes sizes 1-16 and 15″ & 18″ doll pattern.  So, if you tween is still into American Girl dolls, you can make matching bedtime outfits.

Ellie Inspired Sleepy Bear PJ


Special materials required:  For the robe, I used fleece, but I think if you want a lighter version, flannel would work.  And for a luxurious model, minky would be ideal.  I lined the hood with satin to keep her hair from getting to much static build-up.

Skill level required: Beginner.  There are no fancy closures ... actually no closures and this great pattern to learn to sew on. The instructions are easy to understand and there are a lot of pictures to guide you through.  Honestly, the pictures were enough to guide me through the whole robe.

I added the pockets.


How you came to choose the pattern:  I bought this pattern as part of the boy pattern bundle at Pattern Revolution.
My daughter has been begging me to make her a robe for years.  Yes, years.  I made her one when she was a size 5 and she out grew it a long time ago.  So, when I saw the great sale at the Pattern Revolution, I had grab it up.



Good:  As I said, the robe was a quick and easy sew.  The hood had a nice shape and size.

Bad:  I the robe runs a little short for my tastes.  I made a size 12 and it hits above her knees.  I thought it was too short, but then I looked at the pictures and it is supposed to be that short.  But if you want a below the knee robe, cut it longer according to measurements of your child.


Ugly:  Nothing

Overall pattern rating:  I give this pattern 3 bolts. 
Ellie Inspired Sleepy Bear PJ

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments! How else would we know if we are being helpful or giving you the content you need and want? Also, if you have an idea on how to make custom pre-teen clothes, please tell us about it!