Monday, June 29, 2015

Moto Jacket by Jennuine Design

Pin It
I've had the fun chance to participate in a bunch of tests over the last couple of weeks...it keeps me sewing when I don't really have anything else on my table to get done. 
The Moto Jacket by Jennuine Designs is another one of those fun tests that I was able to do.  When I say fun, I mean fun pattern and fun person to test for.  This jacket is a very versatile pattern.
Pattern: Moto Jacket by Jennuine Designs goes up to size 12.  It's a motorcycle style jacket that is tighter in the sleeves than a normal jacket...for wearing over t-shirts not sweaters.
Supplies: Up to 1 1/2 yards of fabric for main (something durable and you can even use leather), 3/4yard for sleeves (great for upcycling sweaters, but any thicker knit would work) and 7/8 yard for lining as well as a separating zipper.
For both of the jackets that I made, I actually used a heavier weight home decor fabric for the main fabric, flannel for the lining and jegging knit for the sleeve, collar and welts. Not too heavy and hopefully perfect for the Fall temperatures.
Difficulty: I would say a perfect pattern for an adventurous advanced beginner or intermediate seamstress.  There are zippers and welt pockets involved, but the instructions are clear and will walk you through each process thoroughly. Besides those 2 things, the pattern is actually really easy.
Good: Very trendy and versatile pattern...perfect for girls and boys and perfect for the Moto trend that's hit the runways as of late. Also a very well written pattern that is easy to follow and walks you through some more difficult steps.
Bad: The Moto Jacket only goes up to size 12, so it doesn't cover all of the tween sizes. 
Ugly: There really isn't anything ugly about this pattern. 
This was a really fun pattern to see through the testing process as it was more involved/more detailed than anything I've ever tested before. This is one great pattern that lends itself to a lot of variation and interpretation. While it doesn't fall in a necessity category, it would be a fun addition to any wardrobe!
I give the Moto Jacket 4 Lightening Bolts!
Disclaimer: I received the pattern for free as part of the testing process, but all opinions are entirely my own.

If you want to seem my other version (which I really love how it turned out!), check out my other blog here. (I really love how this picture turned out too...but I may be biased)


1 comment:

  1. Love your version of this jacket! I'm in the Jennuine designs fb group and saw it when it came out, but I'm zipper-phobic!!!

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! How else would we know if we are being helpful or giving you the content you need and want? Also, if you have an idea on how to make custom pre-teen clothes, please tell us about it!