Monday, August 29, 2016

Pattern Review: Blaverry - Cruise shorts and Star top

Pin It These are patterns that can easily transition into fall/winter.  They come in the different lengths of short, medium and long for sleeve and pant length.  I used my daughter's measurements to come up with a 7W and 14L, and they both fit well.  She does need a wider shoulder than the 7, so next time will be some different pattern grading.


Patterns:




Pattern sizing: 2T-16Y – I blended 7W and 14L.  She will need a wider shoulder on the top for next version.

 

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern when you were finished sewing? Yes

Were the instructions complete and easy to follow? Yes - she uses illustrations and not photos. 

Fabric used: I used Modern Jersey from Spoonflower and a cotton/lycra knit for the top.  A stretch denim for the shorts, with woven in the pockets.

 

Did you alter the pattern in any way? I blended sizes.  On the shorts I did not add in the elastic, as when I tried them on her they fit perfectly.  She did say the back popped out a bit when she wore them, so next time I will put a little elastic just in the back.  I also didn't do the welt pocket perfectly, which was totally my error.  Late night sewing.  The length on her shorts are in between the shortest and next shortest for the size 14.  I had her try them on and put them at the length she wanted.  She gets picky.

 

Was there anything you disliked or would change? No

Would you sew it again? I will definitely be sewing these again for Fall in the longer lengths.


Would you recommend it to others? Yes.  They have nice details and finishing.


Do you consider the pattern beginner/intermediate/advanced? Advanced Beginner.  The Chinos have a zipper fly and welt pockets, which isn't hard to do, but time consuming.  Just follow the directions and you should be fine.








Does the pattern include layers for easy printing? Yes

Seam allowance used in the pattern? 3/8”

Is the pattern cut or no cut pages? Cut

Rating:

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments! How else would we know if we are being helpful or giving you the content you need and want? Also, if you have an idea on how to make custom pre-teen clothes, please tell us about it!